Welcome to Merano, South Tyrol, the country of the Dolomites, mountains and lakes. Welcome to Residence Villa Helvetia! The apartment guest house lies in a residential quarter of Merano, only a 5 min. walk from the centre of downtown. For those who love to spend some time in a special framework, our house is an ideal place to stay: it is surrounded by a quiet park-like garden with blossoming trees and plants.
Character, hospitality, tranquillity and charme make the Residence Villa Helvetia to a romantic „Hideaway“ from everyday life. The house offers to its guests comfort, style, quality and a typical allure that makes you enjoy the symbiosis of a beautiful old house and a modern Mediterranean garden.
We look forward to welcome and share our familiar atmosphere with you.
Fam. Franz, Csilla and Victoria Prunner
A house with a great history
Villa Helvetia, a typical patrician villa of late 19th Century, built in Liberty-style was constructed by a countess named Maria von Stillfried in 1896. After passing into other owners, the villa has been in the property of the Prunner Family since 1976, was completely reconstructed and functions as an apartment guest house with 9 apartments.
- 2015: Residence*** Villa Helvetia received the upgrade for a higher classification to Residence***Superior
- 2014: On the 1st of May 2014 with some delay, the new gates of the Residence Villa Helvetia have reopened.
After a long and busy winter finally a long-awaited dream becomes reality: due to the extensive renovation work, with its ups and downs, Villa Helvetia has been given a completely new face. You have to deal with an Art Nouveau villa, built by the Countess Maria von Stillfried from Bavaria in 1886 with a lot of respect and not only build anything to it. A beautiful wintergarden was attached to the house, one part of it for enjoying our “Vital” breakfast and the other part as a lobby with a house library and a new Reception. We have taken a lot of time (4-year planning phase) to create timeless beauty. Our goal was not to follow short-lived trends, but lasting value to you, our dear guests to delight you with unforgettable moments during your stay.
What inspires us is the love of beauty. This love motivates us to strive for the highest perfection. We greet you warmly and look forward to your first, as well as your revisiting us.
- 2010: spring: entire interior renovations of the 3rd floor – beautiful 3 new loft/attic apartments
- 2009: further new attractions in our beautiful garden: fountain, new garden furniture to enjoy the sunny days and romantic evenings
- 2008: interior renovations of the entire 2nd floor as well as redesign of the garden/park area with gazebo, terraces
- 2007: interior renovations of the entire 1st floor
- 2006: accession to the Residence Villa Helvetia from father, Mr. Johann Prunner to son Mr. Franz Prunner with his wife Mrs. Csilla Prunner